
Clean Fiction / Musical / RomCom
Date Published: 08-04-2020
Publisher: RWG Publishing
It is a whimsical, motivational romcom that blends real life with
fiction in a heartfelt way! This novella follows Brittany Myers, a frustrated
theme park performer stuck in a cheesy costume and a dead-end
routine—literally. Her only escape? Writing a novel that mirrors her
chaotic daily life at Cheddar and Such.
With a dash of humor, a love triangle, and a
“book-within-a-book” twist, Brittany’s journey unfolds as
she learns that the magic she’s searching for has been inside her all
along.
Perfect for fans of theme parks, musicals, and happily-ever-after's. 🎢💛✨
Interview
Question: What is the hardest part of writing your books?
Answer: I would say the hardest part is writing Draft #1. The book I am writing now needs to be 55,000 words. In the beginning, I would just sit down, day after day, week after week, creating enough content for 200 pages. I just kept filling the blank space with scenes, dialogue, characters, and storyline (most of which will be altered or deleted in later drafts). I never critique myself on Draft #1. I am just putting ideas on paper to be formed and molded later.
Question: What are your most played songs?
Answer: When I am typing, I like to play instrumental music in the background. My go-to is: (1996) Pure Moods compilation album by Virgin Records because it seamlessly blends cinematic drama, chill electronic beats, and peaceful world music (the ultimate time capsule of the '90s).
The book I am writing now is Christmas-themed. I listened to Lindsey Stirling’s Snow Waltz album (2022) because it transforms traditional Christmas carols into theatrical, high-energy cinematic tracks. This album offers a perfect mix of festive cheer and dramatic flair, a wonderful mood-enhancer for my holiday story!
Question: Do you have critique partners or beta readers?
Answer: My husband, Travis, is also a professional writer and he's one of my editors. He'll definitely critique my work with a red pen! And then a secondary editor is hired through my Publisher.
Question: What book are you reading now?
Answer: The Office BFFs: Tales of The Office from Two Best Friends Who Were There By Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey.
A warm, behind-the-scenes look at the real-life bond between Pam Beesly and Angela Martin, and the making of The Office (one of my favorite TV comedies).
Wonder Woman: The Official Movie Novelization by Nancy Holder.
Question: How did you start your writing career?
Answer: My first book was published in 2015 to Xulon Press. I was a one-book author with 30 followers on my Author page. I kept writing. I signed with RWG Publishing on my 3rd book (who is my current Publisher). Gained social media followers, more book sales, and greater exposure. I kept writing. I became an Amazon International Best Seller in 2019. I participated in many book tours and media interviews. I kept writing. Now, in 2026, I am a full-time author. I signed with 41 domestic & international companies to be their Brand Ambassador. I have 100,000+ social media followers. I participated in 124 Media Opportunities. And I have published 15 books.
Question: Tell us about your next release.
Answer: Book #17

tentatively called
The Food Critic's Secret: A Christmas Love Story. 
A Festive Tale of Love, Gingerbread, and a Secret Identity.

A Small- Town Holiday Romance

Book tropes include Oblivious Hero, Love Hidden in Plain Sight, Clean Fiction, Friends to Lovers, Cyrano-type Character & Love Triangles.
Set to be released in 2027!
About the Author

Sunshine Rodgers, a prolific author, has penned 15 books that have
achieved remarkable success. Her literary works have graced Amazon’s
International Best Seller lists across 26 different categories, including #1
in the United Kingdom, #2 in the United States, and #25 in Canada. These books
have been translated into several languages, including Spanish and Portuguese.
Her entrepreneurial spirit shines through with 90,000 social media followers
who appreciate her engaging content.
When she’s not weaving tales, Sunshine shares her insights through 124
interviews on radio, podcasts, and online magazines. Her creative team of 48
professionals, including artists, audiobook narrators, and photographers
contribute to her literary endeavors. She has participated in 15 book tours
and dozens of book signings. She’s not only an author but also a brand
ambassador, representing 33 domestic and international companies in fashion,
health, food, and skincare. Sunshine is married to the love of her life,
Travis, and they reside in sunny Florida.
Sunshine Rodgers’ books are like rays of literary sunshine—bright,
warm, and impossible to ignore!
Contact Links
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Instagram
TikTok
Purchase Links
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Walmart
No comments: