Virtual Book Tour: The Grace of God by Tom Banwart #interview #christian #nonfiction #rabtbooktours @RABTBookTours - A Life Through Books

Friday, October 2, 2026

Virtual Book Tour: The Grace of God by Tom Banwart #interview #christian #nonfiction #rabtbooktours @RABTBookTours


True Stories of Faith and Hope


Religion Christian Nonfiction

Date Published: August 11, 2026

Publisher: Clay Bridges Press Publishing

 


The power of prayer is undeniable. The Grace of God repeatedly illustrates how God equipped us to carry His message of love during one of our nation’s darkest times.
Fear had taken root in our hearts. Our ages and health conditions felt like real disadvantages. We found comfort in Christian music, so we shared it with our neighbors. Notecards to healthcare workers and elderly shut-ins were warmly received, so we continued writing them and encouraged others to do the same. Physical nourishment was needed as well, and God provided a way for us to help there too. We prayed over every idea, and in return, God blessed us with inspiration.


We learned that love is an action.
We learned that anyone can be the hands and feet of our Lord.
We witnessed evidence of God’s presence again and again.

 

Our hope is that these stories encourage you to persistently seek God through prayer. His grace is unending.




Interview

Can you tell us a little about the process of getting this book published? How did you come up with the idea and how did you start?

I never intended to write a book. Initially, I felt a calling to help the people around me who were struggling from the effects of the pandemic. Churches were closed. I found comfort while listening to Christian music and thought sharing that with my neighbors may help them too. So, my journey began there and grew from that simple idea to delivering bagels and praying outside the hospitals for the next two plus years. I began writing to clear my head and heart as we witnessed so much pain and anguish. After sharing a few of my writings with some important people in my life, I was encouraged by them to compile them into a book. It seemed important to share the stories of the healthcare workers and first responders so their tireless work would be remembered. So the process to publish began.


What surprised you most about getting your book published?

What surprised me the most about getting my book published was all of the “work” required after the submission! Having never done this before, I felt pretty overwhelmed by it all.

 

Tell us a little about what you do when you aren’t writing.

I write when I am moved to do so. There was/is no schedule, no set time or day. I have a very simple life with my wife and dog, trying to make the best of each day God gives me. My physical disabilities limit my activities. I read, scroll om my iPad, watch TV, have phone conversations, work some around the house, pray & meditate.

 

As a published author, what would you say was the most pivotal point of your writing life?

I never had and do not have a “writing life.” For this book, the Covid 19 pandemic opened doors of opportunities to serve. The timing and situations surrounding the pandemic challenged me to be available. I have spent most of my life spiritually searching for God’s direction and I felt the need to take action. 

 

Where do you get your best ideas and why do you think that is?

My best and only ideas for this book came from being available to others struggling and suffering during a very dark and frightening time. Again, my lifelong search for a spiritual mission/purpose was right in front of us. We witnessed so much devastation and became close to many on the front lines. Their experiences and stories, coupled with my anguish and confusion, became the springboard for my writing.  


What is the toughest criticism given to you as an author?

I was my toughest critic. I doubted my ability to share the stories of others with emotion and without judgment. I became very frustrated at times and asked myself countless times “why am I doing this?”

 

What has been your best accomplishment as a writer?

My best accomplishment as a writer is taking the opportunity to share the power of God. Providing an avenue of remembrance with the evidence of God’s Hand at work is my proudest accomplishment.

 

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

I do not have any unpublished or half written books at this time. What I do have is a collection of miscellaneous reflections which may be the basis of another book.



About the Author


Tom Banwart spent most of his life in northern Illinois and graduated summa cum laude from Trinity International University. A promising corporate career was cut short when chronic health issues led him into permanent long-term disability, reshaping both his priorities and his path.

Blessed with creative talents, Tom turned a simple woodburning hobby into a small business and embraced the role of “Mr. Mom” to his three sons, finding purpose and joy in the rhythms of family life.

Though he often sensed a calling to do God’s work, Tom pushed it aside for many years. That changed in 2020. As the pandemic altered daily life and stirred deep questions of faith, he found himself in honest, raw conversations with Christ—dialogues that became a spiritual lifeline. Those reflections and personal experiences evolved into writing, eventually forming the foundation of his first book.

Today, Tom continues to use his creativity and vulnerability to encourage others, sharing stories that point to God’s presence in every season, especially the difficult ones.


Purchase Links

Amazon

Barnes and Noble


RABT Book Tours & PR

No comments: