Virtual Book Tour: The Needs of the Heart by Phillip Anderson #selfhelp #philosophy #interview #rabtbooktours @RABTBookTours - A Life Through Books

Friday, August 14, 2026

Virtual Book Tour: The Needs of the Heart by Phillip Anderson #selfhelp #philosophy #interview #rabtbooktours @RABTBookTours

 




Self-Help / Philosophy

Date Published: May 30, 2023



Living in this world is hard, no matter the point in history or the dominant culture which governs how society conducts itself.

Wars, famine, political corruption, economic depression, social injustice, civil unrest, all of which leads to the spiritual, personal unrest of the human soul.

And it makes us wonder... How do I, as a person, and we as human beings, work together individually yet collectively to make the world a better place for those who live here today and for those who will be born into this world tomorrow?

Aspiring author Phillip Anderson, author of The Needs of the Heart, provides deep insight into the human emotional spectrum as well as giving deep introspective insight into the emotions and principles he believes people of all races, religions, ethnicities, and demographic backgrounds need to not only make themselves better people, but the world a better place.



Interview

Introduce yourself and tell me about what you do.

Hello, my name is Phillip Anderson. I am an Author From Queens, New York. I am a Morehouse College Graduate of 2018 with a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Medicine. I am currently a 5th grade Charter School Teacher teaching World History. Outside of my profession, I like to write, go on adventures throughout Manhattan, spend time with my family & friends, and am a big proponent of Health & Fitness.

 

Tell me more about your journey as an author, including the writing processes.

Writing for me started because I wanted to know myself in a way that only I could understand. Writing was one of the ways in which I came to terms with my thoughts, but most importantly…writing was how I made sense of the world around me. It wasn’t until one of my college professors discovered my talent for writing that I decided to pursue writing books as a profession…let alone a way of life. As time went on and writing became second nature to me, I find that I write best when the area is quiet and I have time to home in and focus in on my thoughts. If I had to categorize my writing style, I would say that it is Intuitive. As I write, the words just flow and convey their own feelings, I just put them onto paper.

 

The “Why”:

I chose to write this book because when I look at the world around me, I see that people have become so focused on skill & intellect that they have neglected principles & emotions (and thus their humanity). I wrote this book to hopefully give people the other side of their humanity that I see lacking in today’s society.

 

Tell me about your Book

In summary, this book is about the importance of Principles & Emotions to get through hard times, become a better person, and make the world a better place.

This book is for those who want to read a book that holds a mirror to their soul so they can see themselves for who they truly are. That instead of being told what to do, they find their own way.

 

Message to Readers:

What I would like readers to take away from this book is that despite what this world tells you, despite what you may think of yourself, start with you. The world will take care of itself, but no one will take care of you the way you will…and that starts by looking inward.



About the Author


Hello, my name is Phillip Anderson. I am a young Author from New York City. My love for writing started when I was 16 years old when I was writing in my journals rather than thinking about publishing a book as a professional Author. I graduated high school in 2014 and later in that year was accepted into Morehouse College where I would graduate with a Bachelors degree in Kinesiology. However, It wasn't until I was in grad school where my passion for writing truly took hold. After completing the first year of my 2 year master's program, I dropped out of the program to pursue my passion of writing. A year and a half later, I would go on to complete and publish my first book titled The needs of the Heart in 2020 with the intent to pursue writing as a full time endeavor.


Contact Links

Website

Goodreads


Purchase Links

Amazon

B&N


RABT Book Tours & PR

No comments: