Virtual Book Tour: Winning the Wrong Game by Josh Wintermute #interview #christian #nonfiction #rabtbooktours @RABTBookTours - A Life Through Books

Friday, October 9, 2026

Virtual Book Tour: Winning the Wrong Game by Josh Wintermute #interview #christian #nonfiction #rabtbooktours @RABTBookTours

 



When the Life You’ve Built Still Isn’t Enough and How to Restore What Actually Matters

 

Christian Living / Religion / Nonfiction

Date Published: August 4, 2026

Publisher: Lucid Books Publishing

 


You’ve worked hard, built a good life, and achieved what you set out to accomplish. So why does something still feel off?

On the surface, everything looks right. But underneath, something is beginning to crack—and no amount of success, performance, or achievement seems to fix it.

Josh Wintermute knows that feeling well. After walking through physical, mental, financial, and spiritual struggles, he came to a life-changing realization: the problem wasn’t just the circumstances—it was the foundation.

In this honest and practical book, Josh walks you through the three foundational areas every life is built on—your heart, your home, and your culture. He helps you uncover what’s broken beneath the surface, do the hard work of restoration, and rebuild on what truly matters.

You are not as stuck as you think.
You are not as alone as you feel.
And you are going to make it.




Interview

Can you tell us a little about the process of getting this book published? How did you come up with the idea and how did you start? 

I call the work I do Life Building, where I walk with individuals to focus on their heart, home, and culture. As I have walked with people I realized I was working through the same concepts and stories time and time again. I needed to gather all of these concepts and create a resource to get into their hands. I connected with a book writing coach and started writing. I spent over a year writing until the manuscript was completed and then reached out to a few publishing companies to see what could be. Once I chose a publisher, the book went into editing, rewrites, and then on to naming the book and choosing the layout, cover and overall feel. This process took around 6 months until I was holding my book for the first time.

 

 

What surprised you most about getting your book published? 

I was most surprised by the excitement and belief my family and friends had for me as a author. I never thought I could write a book so this pushed me past my comfortability and made me slow down to learn about the process and wrestle through the concepts in a way I never had before. Once the book was published and I had it in my hands, there was a huge relief and a wave of emotions as all the hard work was finally complete.

 

 

Tell us a little about what you do when you aren’t writing. 

When I am not writing I spend a lot of time with my wife Rachael and our 3 sons. We love to host our friends at our house, watch our youngest son play football, cheer on the Denver Broncos, fish, and travel.  I also run a business called Quiet Winters where I walk with individuals to build a stronger life, focused on the heart, home, and culture. So, I spend a good amount of time having coffee or lunch with clients and helping them live the best life possible.

 

 

As a published author, what would you say was the most pivotal point of your writing life? 

The moment I opened the box containing the finished book was the most pivotal point. I never thought I could be an author so when the book was in my hands, I was overcome with emotion. Now that the book is out and I am hearing stories of how the readers are connecting with the book, I am inspired to create more resources and open to the idea of additional books.

 

 

Where do you get your best ideas and why do you think that is? 

My best ideas came from my mistakes, hard seasons, and the lessons learned along the journey. I believe this is because of the internal work required to move past the pain, disappointment, and challenges we face in life. When we face hard times we must lean into the season and have hope for what can be in the midst of what we currently see. This develops strength, character, and perseverance.

 

 

What is the toughest criticism given to you as an author? 

Early in the process of writing I wanted to stay vague in some of the concepts and the stories of my life. I consistently was challenged by my editor to step out in vulnerability. This challenged me and made me realize fear was keeping me back from fully sharing my brokenness. Looking back, this was one of the things that makes my book different and relatable to the reader.

 

 

What has been your best accomplishment as a writer? 

Hearing how the book has helped the individual reader heal  is incredibly humbling. Their stories are the most impactful as a reader will retell pieces of the book and how they coincide with their life and helped them heal has been incredible.

 

 

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have? 

As a newly published, first time author, I never realized the amount of work that goes into this process. The idea of writing another book is appealing but, Im still catching my breath from this one. I would say I have at least one, half-finished, book in a very rough form at this time.

 

 

 


About the Author


Author Josh Wintermute is a life builder and founder of Quiet Winters, helping leaders build their lives on a solid foundation. With over 20 years of pastoral ministry, Josh has walked with hundreds of people through life’s ups and downs and has a deep desire to see people heal and grow through the challenges we face in life. Josh has been married for over 25 years, has three sons, and lives in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

 

Contact Links

Website

Instagram: @joshwintermute @quiet_winters


Purchase Links

Amazon

Barnes and Noble


RABT Book Tours & PR

No comments: